Sage, Thyme, and Rosemary oh my!
If you followed my social media takeover today then you noticed a lot of the soup recipes I used contained herbs and spices. I want to briefly discuss the health benefits of Sage, Thyme, and Rosemary.
Sage has an earthy taste that is often added to dishes to give it that bold flavor. Sage is best known for its ability to lower inflammation, boost the immune system, help with digestion, and improve brain function such as memory.
Thyme has a sweet but strong flavor and is often used in soups or stews. Research shows that thyme can help relax the muscles in the stomach. A year ago I got diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome and thyme has helped me alleviate the pain and digestion issues that go along with IBS. Hence why thyme is one of my favorite toppings to add to soups!
Rosemary is often described as an outdoorsy or woodsy aroma with a pine-like flavor. Rosemary is known for its ability to reduce inflammation, help build up the immune system, and detoxify the body. I love putting fresh rosemary on top of a chicken breast.
-Ashley Payne

Comments
Post a Comment