Finding Joy in Nutritious Foods
One of my dad's biggest problems is not enjoying nutritious food. He was raised in a military family that traveled the east coast up until his teens, and then settled down in Millington, TN. Like many of us, my dad is used to the "good southern cookin" and not the nutritious foods we need to fuel our bodies. Although I am speaking about my father in this instance, I feel like most people struggle with the same issue he is having. Eating healthy can be hard!
McDonalds and Taco Bell make eating healthy so much more difficult than it already is. A burger or a taco for only $1?? YES. We typically look for the easy way out when it comes to meals, when in reality our bodies are yearning for the nutrients healthy foods provide. After a long day of work, coming home to cook is not desirable for most people. It also doesn't help that healthier foods are typically looked down upon because they don't give you the same satisfaction as, for example, pizza. People believe healthy foods are bland.....or grass. I can not even tell you how many times people have walked up to me while I am eating a salad and say, "why are you eating grass???" Healthy food does not have to be boring; spice it up! Throw some seasonings in there, add a protein, throw some extra vegetables; something to make it vibrant! There are so many options out there besides a salad. I believe there is joy to be found in every part of life, including the foods you eat. Go out and try something new; something nutritious. You never know if it is good until you try it!
Audra Stevenson
McDonalds and Taco Bell make eating healthy so much more difficult than it already is. A burger or a taco for only $1?? YES. We typically look for the easy way out when it comes to meals, when in reality our bodies are yearning for the nutrients healthy foods provide. After a long day of work, coming home to cook is not desirable for most people. It also doesn't help that healthier foods are typically looked down upon because they don't give you the same satisfaction as, for example, pizza. People believe healthy foods are bland.....or grass. I can not even tell you how many times people have walked up to me while I am eating a salad and say, "why are you eating grass???" Healthy food does not have to be boring; spice it up! Throw some seasonings in there, add a protein, throw some extra vegetables; something to make it vibrant! There are so many options out there besides a salad. I believe there is joy to be found in every part of life, including the foods you eat. Go out and try something new; something nutritious. You never know if it is good until you try it!
Audra Stevenson


Comments
Post a Comment